The Chinese province of Yunnan is a marvellous country of its own. With an area the size of France it offers more variety than any other place in China. The Yunnan landscape ranges from tropical rainforest in the south to snowcapped mountains in the north. In China people also refer to this province as the country of everlasting spring. Due to an average altitude of 2000 m in the subtropical zone, Yunnan has an almost year-round moderate climate. Yunnan, the location of the formerly independent kingdoms of Nanzhao and Daliguo, has a history of more than 1300 years, still visible in the old city centres of Dali, Lijiang and Shaxi. The mountainous terrain also preserves the local traditions among minorities, many of them still wearing their traditional dress and using their own languages. This cycling trip offers you a unique introduction to this colourful part of China.
1. Arrival in Zhongdian (Shangri La). Free time.
2. Prepare bikes. Cycle around Napa Hai (32 km)
3. Cycle to Songzanlin and Dabao temple(45 km)
4. Transfer (cycle) to Bita Hai pass (3720 m)
Cycle to Baishuitai (2550 m)(62/100 km)
5. Cycle Tigerleaping Gorge (1900 m)(75 km)
6. Cycle to Shigu (1850 m) (80 km)
7. Cycle to Jianchuan (2100 m)(60 km)
8. Cycle to Shibaoshan and Shaxi (52 km)
9. Shaxi (2100 m). Free time. Sightseeing.
10. Cycle to Liantie (2050m) (48 km)
11. Transfer(cycle) to Cangshanpass (3075 m)
Cycle to Xiashankou (40 km/62 km)
12. Cycle to Dali via Er Hai lake (60 km)
13. Dali (2000 m). Free time. Sightseeing.
14. Cycle to Jizushan (1800 m) (ca 75 km)
15. Cycle to Cheng Hai (120 km)
16. Cycle to Lijiang over Dragonpass (115 km)
17. Lijiang. Free time. Sightseeing.
18. Transfer airport. End of program.
1550 USD p.p. (group, 8-14 pers.)
Single supplement: 190 USD
Included in your package:
– all transfers en transport according itinerary
– all accommodation incl breakfast
– experienced tourmanager (english speaking)
– support vehicle for all cycling days
Travel dates (group):
21 Oct – 03 Nov 2016
Total distance: 924 km
Longest day distance: 120 km
Highest point: 3720 m
Lowest point: 1200 m