If you want to fall in love with South East Asia, we recommend you to cycle in the course of the Mekong River. In this part of Asia cycling is a real joy due to the natural charm and peaceful atmosphere of the countryside. This tour starts in Chiangmai and follows quiet backroads through the hilly countryside of northern Thailand. After entering Laos you continue your journey with a boattrip over the Mekong river to one of Asia’s most picturesque cities, Luang Prabang. Experience the unique atmosphere of this former royal townwith it`s well preserved city appearance. The second stage of your tour ranks as one of Asia`s most beautiful cycle journeys: Luang Prabang to Vientiane. Several mountain passes need to be climbed but you are rewarded with superb views and great scenery. In 6 days you`ll reach the capital of Laos, Vientiane where you can enjoy a cool drink while watching the sunset over the Mekong river.
1. Arrival in Chiang Mai
2. Chiangmai. Half day cycle excursion around Chiang Mai
3. Cycle to Maetang, Royal Ping Garden
4. Cycle to Chiang Dao Hill Resort
5. Cycle to Thaton.
6. Lontailboat to Hotsprings. Cycle to Chiang Rai
7. Cycle to Chiang Saen. Cycle exc to Sop Ruak
8. Cycle to Chiang Khong
9. Exit Thailand. Cross over to Huaixay. Boat to Pak Beng.
10. Boat to Luang Prabang
11. Luang Prabang. Free time.
12. Cycling to Kiou Kha Cham
13. Cycling to Kasi
14. Cycling to Vang Vieng
15. Vang Vieng. Free time. Opt: activities(cycling, kayaking)
16. Cycling to Thalat.
17. Cycling to Vientiane
18. Vientiane. Am: excursion highlights. Free time.
19. Transfer to Nongkhai. Nighttrain to Bangkok, trn 70
20.Arrival Bangkok. Hotel service. Transfer airport.
1895 USD p.p.
Single supplement: 240 USD
Included in your package:
– all transfers en transport according itinerary
– all accommodation according itinerary based on twin sharing
– all days breakfast
– experienced tourmanager (english speaking)
– tour assistant (english speaking)
– support vehicle for all cycling days
– water supply
Nov 29 – Dec 17 2016
Total distance: ca 900 km
Longest day distance: 101 km
Highest point: 1400 m
Lowest point: 165 m